Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Creature of Habit

I'm a creature of habit. I've said it and I'll admit it. It throws me off when I go to the gym and the locker I normally use is already in use, or the machines I usually use are being taken. Really, it was a lot to even get myself INTO a routine, and now that's being taken away from me... I have to park in the same areas at stores because if I don't, then when I leave, I wander aimlessly in the parking lot and that's beyond embarrassing. So these are the habits that I've learned to make my life now with a TBI now more manageable. Living with a color-coded planner to remember everything and to-do lists every day might sound like torture to some. It's life to keep me in line now, It's what keeps the holes of my "Swiss Cheese" Brain somewhat manageable. I sometimes get teased for that rigidity. Not that I don't have flexibility or spontaneity, and can somewhat go with the flows of what happens, but I prefer things to be somewhat more planned if I have the choice. I believe it's the routines and plans that can keep me somewhat sane. So I like the same "predictable"ish days, patterns of routines that makes sense and flow, somewhat structured, somewhat more manageable. How that will play out in the next month as I move to Indianapolis and start this new chapter over, I'm leaving up to God, but He knows this part of my heart too, and my desire for structure and routine. Come what may, but I just felt like sharing that desire and slice of my heart.

Love,
Amy Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment