Monday, October 17, 2011

So bittersweet

So I'm still packing, and it's taking me like eons extra time because I'm having to do most of it myself, and since my place flooded earlier this summer-- I'm having to go through most of that stuff too. I thought I already had gone through a lot of it, but I guess not enough. I've been throwing and giving stuff away for days, and selling things. I got a trailer hitch installed on my car the other day, and I pick up the trailer tomorrow after I volunteer at Craig Hospital for the last time (in which I will probably be a hot mess. I have learned to love that place so much over the last two months!) Picking up the trailer will probably be a moment of finality for me. That this is really happening. I've said many, many goodbyes already, to so many great friends. I know through technology I won't have to really say "goodbye", and Danny has already promised that we can come back and vacation here, because I have learned to love this state so much. It has grown on me so much. One thing that I have dreamed about and contemplated in the last few weeks is just how much growth I am going to go through in the next few weeks. Every time I have stepped out in faith, especially to a place where I have felt God leading me and without a job, He has provided for me immensely... a job, friends, a church, community, a sense of belonging. So yes, it's going to be hard. But my experience has told me before that God has provided in the past, and will continue to provide again. Yes, it's scary. But HE IS FAITHFUL. If I feel Him leading me to Indianapolis, then I also have to take Him at His word and Believe He is going to provide for me, in all of those areas that feel uncomfortable. So no, when people ask me, I don't have a job yet, or a church, or anything really other than my boyfriend and a place to live, but I also know that God is a God of miracles and things are in place for Him to work. I have things in place and have been in contact with people to get things lined up, but I'm still scared. My experience tells me I shouldn't be, and yet, I am. So Danny arrives on Wednesday night after almost 6 weeks apart, sees my life here in Colorado on Thursday and then we drive through the night on Thursday night and most of the day Friday. So theoretically we should arrive sometime late on Friday. I still can't believe that this is happening, but it is. I think it will be more real once I have the trailer and Danny is here. For now, I just know that within a week, all of life that I know as "normal" right now will be totally different, and I think I am ready for that now, as hard as it will be. I'm ready for this new chapter I think.
Love,
Amy Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment