Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I'm getting things back!

{cue music for sappy Celene Dion 'All coming back to me'} The last few weeks something WONDERFUL has been happening, in my memory specifically. So, for the last three and a half years, I haven't been able to remember a lot. Explaining that issue to someone who has a normal functioning brain, is, well, odd, and I sound even crazier than I must normally sound. At least I am aware that it might sound far-fetched/convenient when I "forget" something. 'No, really, it fell in that Swiss Cheese hole and the Invisible Duct Tape that tries to hold this re-wired brain together...' There are memories that are in my long-term that just aren't there anymore, and other's that are crystal clear. For the longest time, I couldn't even remember what I had had for breakfast... let alone what I had done earlier in the week. That's enough anxiety to make anyone go crazy!

HOWEVER, [and this is where I become like a giddy 4 year old on Christmas Morning] lately, things have been coming back to me!? I can REMEMBER people's name's and drinks at Starbucks. Yes, I may only be slinging coffee right now, but for 2 minutes in someone's day, I CAN REMEMBER THEIR NAMES AND DRINK AND HAVE IT STARTED WHEN THEY COME IN! If nothing else, maybe this job has been something of a treat from God to say " You can do this. I'm giving you pieces of redemption in being able to work with others, even with the frustrations that come with it, and you will see me at work here" I well up with tears to think what used to be missing is now coming back. That's beyond huge. So it might just "look" like I'm able to remember a Decaf Venti 4 pump Mocha for Brian... but it is so much more. It's pieces of what I once had, and then didn't, but now are returning. He is good. I may not have chosen this road, but He has lined it with treasures along the way with blessings that I could never have imagined or dreamed. No one else may understand that who hasn't had to live with a traumatic brain injury daily... but this is a big thing for someone who has to navigate the daily up's and down's of life with those deficits as well. But praise to the One who can do something about it all! THANK YOU FOR REDEEMING MY MIND AND GIVING ME BACK THE ABILITY TO REMEMBER SOME THINGS LORD!
Love,
Amy Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment