Friday, March 12, 2010

A Friday Update.

I HAVE A NEW JOB! AMEN! My old boss from the preschool in Boulder needed someone to do contract data entry for her new job, a project for her non-profit, and it's pretty easy and flexible for this season while I'm in school, so it works out great for both of us! I think the Lord looked at my finances and went "well... she's going to need some help." I'm just looking for some flexible things to add to my bag of ways to make income- so if anyone can think of families around here that need cleaning, baby-sitting, house-sitting, pet sitting- whatever- I'm a Jill of all trades! :)

Driving- I have another driving evaluation next Friday afternoon to get 2 of the 3 restrictions taken off of my license. Hopefully, by this time next week I should be able to drive outside of my bubble (15 minutes from where I'm living), and go more than 40mph. Those restrictions may not seem like a big deal, but feeling like a grandma when you're driving... well... I'm ready to have them gone. I should get the one that says I can't drive after dark taken away in June sometime. Since not having my license and then getting it back with "restrictions", I've become more aware of other silly drivers, what they're doing wrong, and how much of a hurry most drivers seem to be in. Since I'm not usually in that hurry, I just merge over and let them pass me because apparently they're in a much bigger hurry or time constraint. Slowing down with the Stroke and becoming more aware of driving and life in general, as much as I hate to admit it, has been good for me because I can look back and see in other drivers just how unsafe or distracted I used to be. This little "speed bump" was good for me to slow down and re-assess what I was doing, why, and my purpose for living.

I wrote in a previous blog posting about getting Botox authorized from my insurance to have that done for my head. Still no news, but my Dr.'s office is still fighting with my insurance company almost a month later. I'm ready to call up the insurance company myself and yell at them and tell them it's the only thing that I think will work for me at this point. I'm almost to the point of pain that I was in before the stroke, and since I don't want to go through the last year again- I think it's the only thing that might work to take the edge off.

Midterms- I have one midterm next week in my Career class, and I keep dragging my feet with it because I don't want to study! I've pretty much done everything else for my other class to not have to study, even though I know I need to.

Ambiguity- I'm realizing that life is just ambiguous, and it may not just be this season and I may just have to get used to that fact- which I hate. Can I go back to being a little kid again without any cares and where other people did everything for me and I didn't have to worry about this adult stuff? I mean, I pretty much already get treated like a kid- so there really wouldn't be a big change.

So that's pretty much my life right now- a snapshot if you will! Ambiguity, the upcoming Driving Eval., 1 Midterm, a new (flexible) job to make some money, driving, and botox.

Love,
Amy Christine

1 comment:

  1. so glad you got a(nother) job! that is such good news. god provides! :)

    ReplyDelete