Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Young, Enthusiastic, Stroke Survivors

Tonight, I went to a stroke survivor support group with Tara Swanson - and they had to ask- "which of you is the survivor'? It's a good and bad thing that from the outset- you wouldn't know that I have any sort of impairment. I have much to be thankful for, that's for sure. For all of the frustrations that I've gone through in the last 16 months, it's nice to know it's not obvious from the outward like some other people in the group- which I guess could be good and bad. Sometimes I want the limp or the chair just so others would know that there is something different about me- but other times, I kind-of like the anonymity. It was a bitter-sweet night with them, but I think we'll go back again in two weeks when they meet again.
Love,
Amy Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment