Saturday, September 17, 2011

My video & Journey



So a few amazing things happened yesterday. I announced on Facebook that Danny and I are official, and even though I think that's a somewhat lame way what to do it and all, I realize that we have friends all over the world virtually making it impossible to tell them all, but he's literally so fantastic and SO SWEET to me. I really like this one and he is beyond an answer to prayer. He spoils me rotten and I like that so far :) I know moving to the same city (we'll only be 20 minutes away from each other in 32 days! Thank you Jesus!) will change the dynamics, but I'm ready to take that step. If I want the other things that come from a relationship, I need to be willing to take risks, which is something I have NEVER wanted to do before, hence, why I'm still single at 30, and why it's taken a man who is patient and kind to give me the freedom and time to wait it out. That freedom makes me believe that we can make it. The spiritual attacks that come make me know that Satan is not happy about this, and God must have something in store for us as well, even if it is just me stepping out from fear.

Also, I've been doing a mini-documentary about my stroke and the journey that I've been on for the last 2.5 years since with God, and the unlearning of everything that I thought I knew about Him and life. This video is amazing, and the video credit should all go to Aaron Johnson at the Seminary. Really though, this story isn't about me at all, something that I have become painfully aware of in the last 2.5 years especially. I've never wanted it to be about me, and when I get in the way, I get hurt. I want it to be about Jesus, plain and simple. He should get all the glory. I'm doing everything I'm doing today because HE saw fit to restore me and because HE saw fit to put this stubborn drive within me to gain functioning back. It's not that I did anything, I was just a fighter and didn't want to stay in a wheelchair or with my parents any longer than I had to. So I uploaded the video to Facebook yesterday. And the response has been great. I realize that most of my followers on here are also my friends on there, but I thought I would put it on here too just in case there wasn't overlap. This is all for Him. To HIM be the GLORY. Thanks for still following!
Love,
Amy Christine

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Amy. I'm not exactly sure what official means but I know its good.

    I hope you keep up your blog when you move.

    ReplyDelete