Wednesday, September 22, 2010

For the shape I'm in

Today makes me somewhat reflective. When I had the stroke, it was two days before my first statistics exam. Even though that was 2-23-09, today was my two day away from that same exam again. Being back in that course makes me think a lot about what happened a year and a half ago. So I walked around thinking about that today. On my way home from school (getting tutored for statistics by the FABULOUS Rosie Smith), a song came on the radio (I listen to country- just love it and how God uses it to speak to me!) and heard the song "The Shape I'm in" by Joe Nichols. He talks about all of the crap that he's going through and how the little things are indeed making a difference for him. A line in the chorus sings: "... it ain't much, but it beats where I've been... I'm doing alright for the shape I'm in". That's my attitude right now. There's a lot of acceptance going on in my heart right now. I'm probably never going to get a medical explanation for my stroke. Everything takes me SO LONG and SO MUCH CONCENTRATION to do, and that requires a lot of energy that I simply don't have anymore. I live by a VERY meager budget, and most days, something goes incredibly wrong in "my plan" and I have to adjust at a moments notice. But that song has kept with me. Circumstances in my life might be less than ideal, and certainly not what I planned for or imagined ever playing out in my life. But I'm doing alright, for the shape I'm in...

No comments:

Post a Comment