Thursday, November 18, 2010

Loving my internship!

I had another wonderful day at my internship downtown at Alternatives Pregnancy Center. I know all days won't be as wonderful as today by any means, but they sure are great every now and again. I had only a couple of clients today, and my last one moved me to tears. Without divulging too much for confidentiality reasons, she was a high risk pregnancy. Her tears during the ultrasound didn't come from fear but rather from praise that their even was a heartbeat. She says that she's not religious, but "spiritual", but continues to come across people who are just loving her and telling her that they are praying for her, and she's beginning to see something divine throughout this pregnancy. I'm still in awe. I know that I have picked the right field when I just get energized to come and go from this internship. I am in the midst of something amazing, and I am very grateful to be walking alongside of these women throughout their crises. Thank you God for using my pain and suffering to be a blessing unto other women. That's all I have wanted out of the last two years. Thank you for the redemption in my life and that I am able to see it in others too.

No comments:

Post a Comment