Thursday, November 25, 2010

My cross to bear

I was joking around with Sheri on Text messages yesterday about having a migraine (we rotate having them daily) and about how I want a new cross to bear. This just isn't fair. Some days it might be terrible, and others just be awful, but either way, the pain is always there. I can't even imagine a life without the pain anymore. So I was joking and saying that I wanted to have a new cross. Sheri made the great point (as always) that maybe I don't want to trade this in. For as inconvenient as the pain is for me and the ways it disrupts my life at the most in-opportune times, I know what to expect with them. I have learned how to deal with it. If it's a medium grade migraine, I can usually just take my abortive pills and a nap, and then be OK within a few hours. As not so fun as going to the hospital is, I've gone 4 times this past year. Partly because they still don't know why I had the stroke and partly because I just need some sort of relief, I need an IV to stop the pain. The migraines that don't follow any sort of pattern freak me out because that's why I went to the hospital last year in February. As much as I want something different to have to deal with and as miserable as the migraines are when they come on, they are at least manageable in what I have to do to deal with them. So once again Sheri wins for best advice and making me see that maybe this trial isn't as bad as I think they could be when I get a migraine (typing this with the pain this morning). I'll see her tonight for Thanksgiving at her house to share a meal of gratefulness with her family and part of my adopted Colorado family. For as many trials as I have thrown my way, it sure is laced with things to be grateful for along the way. Thank you for both Lord.
Love,
Amy Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment