Thursday, April 21, 2011

Bruise

Yesterday I went into the emergency room for a migraine headache, and I think I've talked about them on here before-- how there are different levels of them, well, yesterday was at the worst. I couldn't get any relief whatsoever from my pills at home, and knew the only course of treatment when it gets that bad was to seek medical help, ie- the ER. Oh Joy. I had slowly diddled my way down all day of things I was not going to do, like going to class or reading, until I finally said that the pain was not going to leave unless I got IV drugs in me. So with tears in my eyes I admitted to one of my roommates that I needed one of them to take my up the street to the ER at the hospital. Yes, I could have walked there myself, but I knew that I should probably have someone with me or else I would get yelled at later for being too stubborn ;)

So I went up there with my friend Nathan from the community and they tried to insert an IV, but the tech who did it literally FISHED around in my arm for 15 minutes to find a good vein. Granted, I have excellent veins. I have phlebotomist friends (blood tech's) who have said they could draw my blood, blind, and in the dark-- that's how good my friends and my veins are. Not one to brag, but come on. So as the fisherman was there trying to stick me and find my vein and I'm squirming and trying not to 1) hurl because I'm nauseous from the migraine 2) scream because it hurts so bad in my left arm! 3) punch the fisherman because of reason 1 & 2!!

I now have the gnarliest bruise on my arm from yesterday, and feel like a 5yr old little boy showing off my bruise. I just want to show it off. It's kind-of a battle wound. Not cool to have to go into the ER for a migraine at all, but kind-of cool to get to have this to show for it! So I've sent pictures of it to a few people who aren't nearby to see it just because it's cool, you know :) That's how I roll! :)
Love, Amy Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment