Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Personal Life

Once again, had another awesome time with Jolene this week. That woman has been like the Lord's megaphone for me over the last year and a half. Love her. Yesterday, she said several profound things to me, but one of which I simply had to write down. One thing she is worried about after I graduate is my being a workaholic, which I could definitely see within myself to have the propensity for. I think somewhere along the line, I got it in my head that "shallow" friendships aren't worth having... and everything has to be "deep"... Not sure where that thinking has come from, but I think my drive to recover has come from it too, so it's not "all bad" necessarily. Jolene said something while we were talking about this that was very deep though, and it went like this "Its your personal life that is the core. Have One" I think that goes for a lot in life. If I don't take care of ME, actual self-care, after I graduate, I can work myself to death, easily. I know I have the drive to do that. When I do something, I do it 110%. So in 17 days when I graduate, I am going to play it up. Enjoy Colorado. I've been writing down places I want to go or see for weeks now, especially if I am going to be leaving to go back to the Midwest at the end of the summer. I'm going to take back my life since it's been taken over by books, exams, papers, and the like for 3.5 years. I deserve some fun now. So before I leave, I'm going to experience Colorado and it's beauty. Especially since gas prices have been so high, I'm going to hike a lot and bike ride to enjoy it too :) Anywhere special that I should go or see? Suggestions welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment