Thursday, January 6, 2011

Voice from the past

So many friends have come out with truth lately, and I've really needed the encouragement in this dark place. I feel so alone and forsaken. I know I'm not, but it's hard to remind myself of that when it feels to be true. Tonight, my best friend Tara shared with me some wisdom that I had written on an old blog of mine back in 2005, and I can't even remember writing it. I needed it tonight.

Unveil...

Voice of truth
calls out
Cuts through the years and depth of the lies that I have believed for too long
released
he was the father of lies, and he whispers at every chance he gets
through the betrayal of friends not coming through
through the media and all the pictures and images I will never be
through the lies of not being good enough in every sense of the word
You cut through
you beckon
you call out
invite me
in time, call me back to the truth
calling me back into ultimate reality
I love that you are Truth
you call me back into what really is
and show me who I really am
I am your daughter
regardless of how my relationship goes with my own father
you are my salvation
even on days when nothing goes right and even my own sanity is barely salvagable
you are my Abba
when I just need to be held
you are peace itself
even when my heart and mind refuse to shut off from thinking all the time
you wage war against my enemies
when I don't have the strength to fight any longer
You are eternal
when I can't even get out of bed to start my day
You are beautiful
which comes in handy when my mascara runs and I feel anything but
You are forever
and I can't imagine what my my life would look like without you every day
You pursue
when I push off my to do list yet again for tomorrow
You invite and ask me to come along
knowing that I have something of worth to offer even when I can't see what that is yet
You are relentless
when I want to throw in the towel yet again
You seek after my inner depths
when I try to bury it further to forget it's all there within
You cut through the chase and the lies
and reveal truth
reveal what you have made me to be
revealing my heart and beauty to offer to others
even when I don't feel like it
even when I try to hide it
You unveil
You pursue
You have captivated my attention and my baggage,
my wounds and my hurts
my joys and my sorrows
my past, present and future
you have redeemed my heart and chased down my soul
bought and won my desires from the battle and the enemy
what joy there is in being known
freed from within to be me
who you designed me to be
on this adventure you have planned for me
being used to speak out your truth and redemption
chosen to be your mouthpiece to tell of your good news
great news
awesome news
redemption
life really lived
peace
grace
freedom

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Amy. Just wow. Amy unveiled is a remarkable thing! Thank you for sharing these incredibly powerful words! Love you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete